- More than 20 years’ experience in pediatric otolaryngology
- Cared for over 40,000 pediatric patients and their families
- Clinical Assistant Professor, SUNY Buffalo, Department of Otolaryngology
- Trained over 40 residents and Fellows in Pediatric ENT
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology in 1994 and Pediatric ENT Fellowship training completed in 1995
- Trained to perform Cochlear Implants and Bone Anchored Hearing Aid
Dr. Poje was born and raised in New York City. He received a BS in Biology, Summa Cum Laude at Yale University, before attending medical school at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Poje completed an internship in General Surgery at the Fitzsimons Army Medical Center. He served as a Captain in the United States Army Medical Corps, serving as Chief of Emergency Services at the Stuttgart, Germany Army Hospital. Dr. Poje then left the Army to pursue an ENT residency and pediatric ENT fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania.
In 1995, Dr. Poje joined the University at Buffalo/Children’s Hospital of Buffalo ENT faculty. He has attending privileges with Catholic Health System and Kaleida Health.
Dr. Poje has been surgically trained to perform Cochlear Implants and Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA) since 1998. Since then, he has performed over 50 of these procedures.
He has stayed active on several committees of the American Academy of Otolaryngology. His professional society memberships include American Medical Association, Buffalo Pediatric Medical Society, American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology.
When he is not working, he is an active member in his parish as a Eucharistic Minister and Lector. Also, he enjoys reading and has traveled around the world.
PEDIATRIC EAR, NOSE AND THROAT ASSOCIATES
How can we help?
We offer a range of medical and surgical otolaryngology services.